Upright MRI Benefits
Vision Upright MRI’s revolutionary standing multipositional MRI machine allows patients to simply walk in and be scanned. In addition to MRI benefits compared to x-ray and other methods which use ionizing radiation, our MRI allows all parts of the body, particularly the spine and joints, to be imaged in the weight bearing state. If you are a physician, you can learn more, make a referral, and access the doctor’s portal on our “For Doctors” page accessible through the top menu.
UPRIGHT MRI: NOT JUST ANOTHER ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY
Our upright MRI system is equipped with our unique MRI-compatible motorized patient handling system that will move the patient into the magnet and place the anatomy of interest into the center of the magnet gap. It also can rotate the vertically-oriented patient into a horizontal position so the patient can be scanned lying down, as in conventional MRI scanning.
ADVANTAGES OF VISION UPRIGHT MRI
Getting a MRI scan is as easy as walking into the machine, standing or sitting during the scan, and then walking out.
Vision Upright MRI provides the only true Open MRI, allowing your MRI scan to be performed standing, sitting, or lying down. Nothing blocks your view once you are in the machine, providing unparalleled comfort without claustrophobia. A TV in front of the machine allows you to watch TV during your scan too!
Because of the nature of the upright MRI, patients can be scanned standing, sitting, or lying down like a traditional MRI. In addition to these positions, patients can be scanned in positions which cause them pain or in positions where symptoms are present. Patients can also be scanned in positions of movement including flexion, extension, rotation and lateral bending.
Patient Handling System
- Fully MRI-compatible.
- Motorized and computer-controlled.
- Translation function puts upright or recumbent patients at isocenter.
- Elevator function places patient’s anatomy of interest at magnet isocenter.
- Tilt function rotates the patient from upright to the recumbent position.
- Table slightly tilted at 5 degrees to stabilize patients during upright scanning.
- Support fixtures for RF receiver coils integrated into the table.
- The only true Open MRI.
- The most non-claustrophobic whole-body Open MRI.
- Walk in, stand or sit and use or remove seat for the scan, walk out.
- An unprecedented degree of patient comfort because there is an unobstructed view, nothing in front of the patient’s face.
- Movable, stabilization bars to enhance patient comfort and stability during multipositional scans such as flexion, extension, rotation and lateral bending.
- Whisper Gradients for quiet scans.
Position MRI Benefits
- Brain scans with the patient upright (vertical).
- Weight-bearing studies of the human anatomy.
- Range-of-motion for flexion, extension, rotation and lateral bending.
- Patient positioning plays a critical role in detecting clinically significant pathology.
- 0.6 Tesla field strength.
- Iron-frame electromagnet.
- Front-open and top-open magnet design.
- Magnetic poles are on the left and right of the patient.
- orizontal (transaxial) magnetic field orientation.
- 18 inch (46 cm) pole-to-pole, horizontal gap.
- Multipositional capabilities for positional MRI studies.
High Speed Gradient Performance
- Water cooled.
- Reduces the reconstruction rate.
- Increases slew rate for thinner slices.